What we've been up to
Here's a snapshot of what we have been up to:
- We act for all sorts of businesses advising on their occupational requirements and here are just a few: Santander, Toolstation, Bidvest, Praesepe, McManus Pubs, Bluefish and Vax.
- Our telecoms team act for Arqiva, the global communications infrastructure and media services company and they were actively involved in the roll-out of the consolidated EE Limited/Hutchison 3G UK Limited network, successfully securing 222 consolidated sites for one of our larger commercial clients.
- Our property finance team have acted for Santander, HSBC, RBS, NatWest, Barclays, as well as some of the newer banks such as Metro and Aldermore and a number of private lenders.
- We advised Milton Keynes Development Partnership in relation to the development of an F1 facility for Honda and a new 38,000 square feet mixed use development including a new head office for Grant Thornton.
- We’ve advised Bidvest Foodservice in connection with the development of their new head office and distribution centre in Slough and the acquisition of a development site in Worthing for a new facility, and Bidvest Logistics in connection with the acquisition of large distribution warehouses in Bristol, Manchester and Hoddesdon.
- We acted for Bedford Borough Council in connection with the development of the Castle Lane scheme in Bedford Town Centre.
- For over 10 years we’ve acted for Inter MK Limited, the owners of the MK Dons, in relation to the development of the 32,000 seater Stadium:MK, home of the Dons, and the fantastic retail and leisure park which has sprung up around it (where many of us spend many an hour and many a pound!). Retailers at the park include household names like Marks & Spencer, Primark, Next and Arcadia, and the leisure park is anchored by a flagship Odeon IMAX cinema.
- We’ve dealt with a number of forward funding and forward sale agreements relating to a Retail Park and several Travelodges for Riverside Capital Group.
- We advised on a joint venture between Abbeygate Developments Ltd and Helical Bar plc in relation to all aspects of a major mixed use scheme within Central Milton Keynes known as “Vizion”. This scheme consists of a Sainsburys store, 440 apartments and various other commercial uses.
- We act for a variety of housing associations which include Aragon Housing Association, South Northants Homes and MacIntyre Housing Association who form part of the Grand Union Housing Group and some smaller specialist housing associations.
- We have advised Fairfield Limited on the negotiation of a complex planning obligation agreement with London Borough of Croydon to support the determination of a planning application for the redevelopment of a redundant office site to provide 305 market and affordable dwelling units.
- Our residential development clients include Abbeymill Homes Limited, Lodge Park Partnership Homes Limited, Barry Howard Homes Limited and Taylor French Developments Limited.
- For Claylake PCC Limited, an Isle of Man entity, we advised on the development of a number of residential developments in Hemel Hempstead and Bromfield which involved the conversion of office buildings for residential use and dealt with the disposal of 62 former Ministry of Defence residential units in Sevenoaks.
- We act for various major pension funds, the identify of which remains confidential but they get us involved on some great and usually high value matters such as the procurement of an investment portfolio followed by advice on development of two of the sites acquired, the acquisition of individual assets with a regular income stream and the purchase of a varied group of properties in a “warts and all” acquisition.
- We were involved with Niftylift Limited’s site acquisition, funding and construction of their new facility for the production of lifting equipment, together with storage and office facilities, with a cost of £12 million.
- We advised Paul Newman New Homes Limited on a residential development for a housing association of rental and shared equity dwellings with some private houses and retail units with a construction cost of £17 million
- We also advised C Group Developments with regard to the conversion of an office development in to 130 residential units in Slough, Berkshire with an approximate construction cost £10 million.